Review of Motorola Edge Plus
The Motorola edge is available starting April 30 in the United States. The price starts at $999. In the US, it is only available through Verizon. The Motorola Edge Plus has almost everything you’d hope for in flagship 5G phone. A snapdragon 865 chipset, a 5000mAh big battery, a Super AMOLED display with 90Hz of high refresh rate, and multiple rear cameras.
- Motorola Edge Plus Display & Design
- Camera Quality
- Hardware Specs
- Battery Quality
- Some other necessary specs
- Problems with Motorola Edge Plus
- Why we buy it?
Motorola Edge Plus Display & Design
Motorola Edge Plus uses the Android 10 operating system. It has a 6.7-inch waterfall display with Super AMOLED 1080x2340 resolution which consumes less battery. Motorola offers a quite decent display panel that a flagship mobile gives. The flat glass seen on phone such as the Moto Z4 and in its place, you’ll find the most curved glass panel ever. Similar to the other phones like Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Samsung Galaxy 8/9 series, elements on the Edge Plus display wrap around onto the side edges of the phone. However, this makes some apps harder to deal with this phone, as you may need to tap something that’s around the curve. But thankfully you can control this to a degree, though it’s on an app by app basis. Sorry to say you cannot change it system-wide. Thankfully, this phone avoids the false positive issue, which would otherwise have people accidentally tapping things they didn’t intend. It has an in-display fingerprinter sensor which is too fast.
There are three cameras on the back and one on the front. The in-display selfie shooter of 25MP which gives brighter and wide pictures. Let’s talk about its rear camera, 108MP main sensor, 16MP ultra-wide lens, 8MP telephoto lens. The main camera has a 108MP sensor that combines four pixels into one, through a process called pixel binning. This results in a brighter 27MP photo with less image noise, which you shoot in medium and low light conditions. The main camera sensor records up to 6k videos as compare to Galaxy S20 which records up to 8K videos.
It has different camera shooting mode such as
- Spot color
- Night vision
- AR stickers, and much more.
This phone has 256GB storage and 8GB of RAM. It has a Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM). The snapdragon 865 is a gaming chipset with a GPU of Adreno 650. Motorola comes in 2 colors Smokey Sangria and Thunder Grey. The size, resolution, refresh rate, and aspect ratio of the screen are all fine. It is certainly vibrant, sharp, and colorful. The motion looks incredibly smooth, thanks to the speedy 90Hz refresh rate, as on-screen elements zoom up and zoom down up to 10x with a stutter. It has a good screen with the dark mode and notification light.
It has a non-removable 5000mAh battery same as Galaxy S20 ultra and LG V60. Motorola claims that the battery delivers more than 2 days. It charged fully in 1 hour 30 minutes with fast charging of 15W. The fast charging in this phone is low as compare to other flagship mobiles. Besides, its reverse charging is 5W which is also too low as to other phones like Galaxy S20 + and Galaxy S20 ultra. Last, it comes with a weight of 203g.
Some other necessary specs
Above we discussed all the main specs and features of Motor Edge Plus, now we will discuss some minor but significant features of this smartphone
- It carries a single Nano Sim card.
- It is compatible with 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G.
- Use Andriod 10 software to operate.
- It has a Bio-metric and Optical in-display fingerprint sensor.
- It also contains other sensors like proximity, hall, light, gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass.
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.
- It is available in Smokey, and Thunder Grey colors.
- Motorola Edge Plus has 161.1 x 71.1 x 9.6 mm dimension.
- This Motorola smartphone 203g weight.
- Contain a headphone jack of 3.5mm.
- No FM radio.
- USB Type-C can be used.
- No IP rating water-resistant.
- No expandable storage.
- In other features, it has a document viewer and video editor.
Problems with Motorola Edge Plus
Every smartphone has some pros and cons. This phone also has some minor problems and we will include in this article for you. Overall it does a fine job in terms of processing and it is quite good to buy.
- The main problem is that it has aggressively curved screen edges so you have to use your palm and fingers while holding your smartphone otherwise taking it so casually, may cause a fall and loss.
- It is only Verizon exclusive smartphone and it can cause a problem for T-mobile users.
Why we buy it?
It depends upon the customer need, this smartphone is highly recommendable for those who want the following aspects
- A good quality camera and they do not put more focus on other features of the phone.
- It is good for those people who do not want a removable battery and Dual-SIM system in their smartphones.
- Edges of the phone may cause an issue but in the end, the display screen will be crystal clear to see and operate, so it does not matter a lot.
- External design and a sleek body also can attract and divert the customer's minds.
- Shortly you can buy this smartphone based on design, camera quality, and performance.
Reviewing all the features, pros, and cons of Motorola Edge Plus, conclusively we can say that if the specs are according to customer demand, need, and range then, it is a highly recommended smartphone. It has all Moto spin Andriod features and built it in a complete one smartphone. It also has extended battery so far and best camera results. Moreover, it is highly affordable and picky, so you can buy it easily, however, for a high ended 5G network it is recommendable to wait for a few months.